Advanced Showgroup Course
Pexava Advanced Showgroup Choreography Course
Wednesdays, 9.30-11:00pm - Next course start date: Weds 17th July 2013
Current course now fully booked. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information and to pre-register for the next course, which starts 17.07.13
The Pexava Advanced Showgroup Course offers a high level of technical difficulty and very challenging choreography. The group has rapidly established a name as one of the best student showgroups in the UK. This course offers absolutely unique performance opportunities and in some cases the entire team travels together to international congresses!
We are the only student team in the UK to be trained by TWO World Championship Competitors and Performers.
See this link for a recent Advanced Student Showgroup's choreography (bachata and salsa - showgroup 7):
- ALL moves are leadable and followable on the dancefloor. This course is guaranteed to develop your social dancing as well as your performance skills.
- Individual attention and high levels of interaction and feedback from Gil and Shelley in an exceptionally fun and friendly atmosphere, making new friends and meeting new members of the Pexava Family!
- BRAND NEW for 2013 - PexavaProfile: Pexava Long Courses will include individual profiling of areas of strength and weakness, specific exercises and regular assessment of progress directly relevant to the course and your level of dance.
- Technique: Our emphasis is on TECHNIQUE for salsa dance. This means that our courses are equally appropriate for those that wish to improve their social dance skills as well as perform. Choreography is used as a tool to demonstrate musical interpretation and introduce, drill and clean all aspects of salsa dance skills that form the foundation of good technique. Gil and Shelley have earned a reputation at world class level as social, competition and performance dancers, so come and learn their secrets!
- At the end of the current course the advanced group will have the opportunity to perform at the Hamburg Salsa Congress 12th - 14th July 2013, as well as at venues in and around London.
In general, the best foundation for participation in the Advanced Showgroup is completion of the Intermediate Training and Performance Course. For those who have not completed the Intermediate Training and Performance Course a short assessment of your dance level will be required prior to confirming your booking.
Advanced Showgroup Diez (at Mambo City 5* Congress 2013)
Advanced Showgroup Nueve (photo by Chris Rolinson - thank you!)
Advanced Showgroup Ocho
Advanced Showgroup Seite (photo by Neil William Young Photography - thank you!)
Advanced Showgroup Seis
Advanced Showgroup Cinco
Advanced Showgroup Cuatro
Advanced Showgroup Tres
Advanced Showgroup Dos
Advanced Showgroup Uno!